Plympton Town Clerk Patricia Detterman has released the 2022 election calendar. Nomination papers for election to town office are available now. The last day to submit nomination papers to the Board of Election Registrars is Friday, April 1, 2022, at 5 p.m. at the office of the Town Clerk. The last day to withdraw nomination papers is Wednesday, April 20, 2022, at 5 p.m.
Plympton’s annual election is Saturday, May 21, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Plympton Town House, 5 Palmer Rd. The following offices will be on the ballot, and a question:
• One (1) Selectman for three (3) years
• One (1) Board of Assessor member for three (3) years
• One (1) Board of Health member for three (3) years
• Two (2) Finance Committee members for three (3) years
• Two (2) Library Trustee for three (3) years
• One (1) Library Trustee for two (2) years
• One (1) Moderator for three (3) years
• One (1) Planning Board member for five (5) years
• One (1) Planning Board member for three (3) years
• One (1) Plympton School Committee member for three (3) years
• One (1) Silver Lake Regional School Committee member for three (3) years
Question 1: Shall the town vote to have its elected Town Clerk become an appointed Town Clerk of the town? Yes___ No___
The Annual Town Meeting will be Wednesday, May 18, at the Dennett Elementary School, 80 Crescent St., Plympton, at 7 p.m. The Special Town Meeting will be held at 8 p.m. within the Annual Town Meeting.
Citizens who wish to submit an article to be considered by the townspeople may submit their Citizens’ Petition by submitting a petition signed by at least ten taxpayers who support the article. The completed petition must be submitted no later than March 28, 2022 for the May 18 Annual Town Meeting.